Auction Flex in the Cloud (on any device*)
A typical installation of Auction Flex runs on your local computers and network. Auction Flex in the Cloud, by contrast, runs on our secure servers. With Auction Flex in the Cloud you can access Auction Flex from anywhere you have an internet connection and on nearly any device:
- Windows PCs
- iOS devices (iPad, iPhone)
- Android devices (tablets, phones)
- The Kindle Fire is NOT supported
One advantage of Auction Flex in the cloud is simplicity. You don't have to worry about networking your computers together. As long as you can access the internet you can access Auction Flex in the Cloud.
We have long-range wireless clerking options for regular Auction Flex. When you're running Auction Flex in the Cloud, however, any computer with internet access becomes a possible clerk. Possible wireless clerking devices include:
- A computer with wi-fi internet access, cellular, or an aircard
- An iPad/Android tablet with wi-fi internet access or cellular
(if you do clerk with a tablet computer we highly recommend an external keyboard)
If you have multiple locations, but want to have a common Auction Flex between them, the Cloud is a simple solution. Everyone works with the same data (customer list, inventory, etc) no matter their location. This allows you to seamlessly leverage your historical data from all your locations to build targeted mailing lists for upcoming auctions.
By running Auction Flex in the Cloud on auction day you are relying on internet access throughout the auction. This is fine if you have reliable internet, but what happens if you don't have internet access at the auction location? You can simply make a backup of your Auction Flex data in the Cloud and restore it on your local computer into your local installation of Auction Flex. When you're done with the auction, backup your Auction Flex data and put it back in the cloud. Simple and easy!
There is an additional cost for the Auction Flex Cloud solution. First, you will need a license of Auction Flex (pricing here), then each Cloud user costs an additional $20 USD per month.
- For example: a 2 workstation license of Auction Flex costs $70 per
month and the Cloud solution would add an additional $40 for a total of $110
per month* for Auction Flex in the Cloud.
* Please note that the Auction Flex Cloud service bundle is billed quarterly, not monthly. In the above example you would be charged $330 quarterly.
- If you buy Auction Flex outright, the cost for the Cloud is just the $20 per user per month (billed quarterly).
*Supported Devices Disclaimer
* Not all devices are supported. Supported devices include Windows PCs, Macintosh PCs, iOS devices (iPad, iPhone), Android devices (tablets, phones). The Kindle Fire is not supported.
Notes on smart phones: In a pinch you can pull up Auction Flex in the Cloud on your smart phone and lookup some information, however, a smart phone should not be considered a useful device because Auction Flex is designed for a larger screen.
Auction Flex Info
- Auction Flex in the Cloud
- Auction Flex Mobile
- Auction Presenter
- Auctioneer's Screen
- HiBid Integration
- Catalog By Image
- Catalog Export
- Catalog by Barcode Images
- Checkout Presenter
- Clerking RF Modems
- Credit Card Processing
- Drivers License Checkin
- Eye-Fi Wireless Pictures
- Mailing Lists
- Phone Bid Scheduler
- QuickBooks Integration
- Shipping Integration
- Touchscreen Kiosk
- Visual Lotter