Wireless Handheld Clerking
The wireless handheld terminal can be used for clerking and/or lotting an auction. With an industry leading 1,500+ foot range the handheld unit is a perfect fit for walking auctions.
Rarely do you see small size, long battery life, and long range in the same terminal; but that is exactly what this terminal has.
- Over 3 mile range (line of site). 1,500 foot range that we advertise is a very realistic expectation for actual auction use
- Spread Spectrum frequency hopping avoids interference
- Barcode reading using Integrated Laser Scanner
- Small size: 5.9" Length x 3.7" Width x 1.1" Depth
- Very Light Weight: 10oz
- Tested to withstand multiple 5ft drops to concrete
- Long Battery Life (16 hours standard - 32 hours with handle)
- Fast 2 hour recharge
- 15 Line Color TFT LCD Display
- Dust and Splash resistant
- 2 year warranty against defects
- Made in the USA
- NOTE: This new unit has twice the range of our old handheld!
- 2year manufacturer's warranty for parts & labor.
One base station can support 64 terminals and can cover almost all locations, eliminating the need for additional wiring and access points.
The base station connects to your computer via a serial port and communicates with the terminals via spread spectrum frequency hopping to avoid interference.
We provide a 2 foot fiberglass antenna and a 20 foot cable to aid in mounting the base station antenna in an optional location (higher=better). Other antenna options are also available.
Metal Walls and RF Signals
RF signals are negatively impacted by metal walls. If the base station is placed inside a metal building chances are that it will be unable to "talk" to a handheld outside the metal building. In this scenario we recommend a better placement of the external base station antenna outside the building.
We highly recommend testing the handheld in ALL clerking locations that will be used during the auction prior to auction day. This ensures that if there are any connectivity issues they can be resolved before the auction starts. Discovering a connectivity issue during the auction is stressful and easily avoided by conducting this pre-auction testing.
Uninterruptible Power Supply
We HIGHLY recommend that you plug the base station into an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS). A UPS ensures that the base station receives clean consistent power. If you don't use a UPS, power flickers and brown-outs can disconnect the base station from the computer which can cause interruptions on auction day.
We only support hardware that is purchased directly from us. If you purchase a handheld from another source we can not support it and can not guarantee that it will work.
- Auction Flex in the Cloud
- Bidopia Integration
- Drivers License Checkin
- Catalog By Image
- Visual Lotter
- Auction Export
- Wireless Clerking
- Handheld Clerking
- Auction Presenter
- Auctioneer's Screen
- Auction Checkout Presenter
- Custom Mailing Lists
- Touchscreen Kiosk
- Phone Bid Scheduler
- Eye-Fi Wireless Pictures
- Version History
- Frequently Asked Questions